Aim: Instructions on how to get an email distribution list.
- Employee status;
- Some familiarity with Mailman type mailing lists;
- A proper descriptive name for a mailing list. Check here which names are already in use.
Mailing lists can be requested from the CT Helpdesk. After the Helpdesk creates the mailing list, you will become the owner of the list, and you will get access to a web interface to manage the list.
As the owner of a mailing list, you can configure many attributes including (but not limited to):
- adding or deleting members,
- give or deny others the right to send to the list,
- maintain archives of all mails sent to the list.
Specific options are explained in the "help section" on the web interface or in the Mailman documentation.